Cases of Infertility increasing worldwide due to various reasons .India is also among sufferers. Infertility is defined as “Inability to conceive after one years of unprotected intercourse.”(6 months for people over 35 years of age). It’s a myth that infertility is always a “woman’s problem”. Half of all cases of infertility result from problems with the man’s reproductive system. One reason may be that anxiety about infertility may have contributed to the fertility problem, so contacting a Homoeopathic doctor and counseling helps. 50% conceive within two years from starting treatment. Most infertility results from physical problems in a man or woman’s reproductive system.
- Primary infertility means that the couple has never conceived.
- Secondary infertility means that the couple has experienced a pregnancy before and failed to conceive later.
- Female factor (40%)-
- Male Factor (30 %)
- Combined (10%)
- Sperm disorders (30%)
- Anoovultion /oligoovolulution (30%)
- Tubal diseases (10%)
- Unexplained (13%)
- Peritoneal factors (5%)
- PID—Pelvic inflammatory disease(PID) comprises spectrum of inflammatory disorders of upper female genital tract ,including any combination of Salpingitis ,Endometriosis ,Tubo-ovarian abscess and pelvic peritonitis.
- Endometriosis –Presence of active functioning endometrial piece outside its normal place i.e., uterine cavity.
- Ovarian ageing –
- Spermatic varicocele varicose veins of testicle
- History of abdominal surgery
- Cervical /Uterine surgery
- Fibroid –Benign tumors of uterus
As Infertility is problem affecting couple not individuals so investigation of both male and female is required.
- Full blood count
- Semen Analysis
- urine examination
- Full blood count
- Hysterosalpingography—-This is a procedure where X-ray pictures of the uterus (Hystero) and fallopian tubes (Salpingo) are taken. A dye is injected into the uterus and pictures are taken to identify abnormalities in the uterine cavity and the tubes. An alternative method is Sonohysterosalpingogram where ultrasound is used instead of X-ray.
- Fasting blood sugar
- Urine examination
- Hormonal profile –L.H,F.S.H,T.S.H (as required )
- Trans Vaginal sonography –This is done to check for abnormalities in the uterus, tubes and ovaries. This is best done around the 13th day of the cycle. Follicular tracking and monitoring of follicle development
This is direct visualization of the peritoneal cavity with an endoscope. This is useful for:
- Visualization of the uterus, tubes, ovaries and structures adjacent to it
- Performing the dye test to check tubal patency.
Homoeopathy in infertility treatment
We as Homoeopath never consider man /women as machine .human body works on delicate physical and mental balance. now it is established fact that brain has control over Hormonal balance .hence homeopaths consider persons mental as well as physical symptoms as both are interlinked .In Homeopathy we do thorough case taking followed by investigation and Repertorization and finally most suitable drug is prescribed along with counseling .
We at ‘Kalhans Homoeopathy has been doing extensive research based infertility treatment from more than 22 years and has been able to give smile to most disappointed faces of the world ie,Infertile Couples.
We have got success in cases where couples has tried test tube baby but failed and even blocked fallopian tube is opened with goodness of Homeopathy .